ART SMART: AgeS 3-5
What I'm learning
- Physical Development:
I am acquiring the fine motor control necessary to write, cut, paste and paint.
- Literacy and Language:
I am gaining pre-literacy skills, including the understanding that written symbols have meaning.
- Social Learning:
I am beginning to represent relationships in my art and to work cooperatively with peers.
- Reasoning and Problem Solving:
I am comparing and sorting materials by various properties.
Play & Learn Together:
- Ask your child questions about the projects that they are working on. Talk about the types of lines they’ve made or the colors they’ve used.
- Encourage your child to work with materials that may be new to them.
- Remember that children enjoy the process of making, and that the process is more important than the end product.
- Encourage your child to share materials with their peers, then help them clean up when they’re finished working.