ART SMART: AgeS 6-8
What I'm learning
- Physical Development:
I am beginning to meet self-determined goals with more accuracy because my fine motor skills are more developed. (For example, a child is able to carry out their plan to make a birthday card for a friend.)
- Literacy and Language:
I am using more descriptive language to discuss and explain my artwork.
- Social Learning:
I am able to communicate and create art products with peers.
- Reasoning and Problem Solving:
I am learning to plan the necessary steps of an artistic project.
Play & Learn Together:
- Encourage your child to use a wide variety of art materials.
- Allow your child to complete an art project entirely on their own, only giving direction if they ask for it.
- Invite your child to “donate” their artwork to the museum’s art display wall.
- Allow plenty of time for your child to clean up their work area thoroughly and independently.