What will you Make?
A new innovative makerspace...coming soon!
This summer, Explore More will be launching Maker City, a new makerspace designed especially for youth ages 8+. The 1,250 sq. foot studio offers a place where youth makers and families can design, invent, create and collaborate using real tools – the same materials and processes used by artists, builders, programmers and entrepreneurs.
Here's what you can do:
- Woodworking and take-apart (hammers, screwdrivers, drills)
- Electronics (Little Bits, circuit blocks, soldering stations)
- Fiber Arts (weaving loom, needlework supplies, sewing machine)
- Computer-generated projects (laser and vinyl cutters, 3D printing, stop motion animation)
- MAKING with materials to create whatever you can imagine!
Skill To Share
We need VOLUNTEERS with “making skills” and a passion to share with others. We also need “stuff.” Your donations of time and consumables will go a long way. Who knows, you might just be the catalyst for the next new invention.
We will use many items in new and exciting ways. If you have any of the following items you'd like to donate, please drop them off at the front desk:
- Empty thread spools
- Fabric paint
- Markers, pencils, pens
- Dry Erase Markers
- Popsicle sticks
- WashableTempera Paint
- Artist brushes (assorted)
- Modeling Clay
- Tape (duct, electrical, masking, painters, scotch)
- Glue sticks
- Wood glue
- Craft supplies (pom poms, wiggly eyes, pipe cleaners)
- Puzzle pieces
- Plastic lids (clean)
- Cardboard (cereal boxes, shoe boxes, gift boxes)
- Wood (2 and 3 ft. sections of 2x4, 1x3, 1x4, 1x6 and 2x2 boards)
- 1/8" plywood
- Wooden dowels
- Wheels from old toys
- Old jewelry
- Plastic containers (clean)
- Washers and nuts (medium sized)
- Legos, K’nex, Blocks, Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs
- Sewing supplies (needles, thread, scissors, fabric)
- Ribbon, yarn, string
- Rick-rack and other trim
- All types of paper (wrapping paper, card stock, construction paper, printer paper, scrapbook)
- Cardboard tubes (wrapping paper, toilet paper, paper towel, etc.)
- Canvas, art supplies
- Cameras, photography equipment
- Take-apart table items (old or broken electronics, small devices, no monitors please)
- Nails, screws, bolts, hinges, etc.
- Dominos, marbles
- Playing cards (used for building items)
- Monetary donations are also appreciated to help with equipment and consumable purchases. Donate HERE
Maker City is a trademark of the Maker City Project, Inc. Used with permission.